4.08.2010

The Blood Test



"Oh, dear," the phlebotamist said as she watched for the blood from my arm to fill the bottle. The only problem was, there was no blood filling the bottle.

"This is so slow...wait, there's just nothing coming out at all. We're going to have to start over and do it again," she said untying the band, and throwing away the blood she had captured. (It looked like plenty to MOI!Why was she discarding it - it was something, at least.)

Then, "Do you drink a lot of water?"

"No, I don't." And, I could have added, "About the only water I remember to drink during a day is about a tablespoon when I take a thyroid pill each morning."

She tried the other arm. Better at least.

And, once again, I'm a streaker....going in streaks, remembering to drink water after that experience, only to forget in a week or two that I'm supposed to drink A LOT of water daily.

Oh, for MOI, it's hard to consistently eat and drink right!

3 comments:

Ms. Fish said...

I'm sure dad LOVES that you are a "streaker"!
LOL.

Happy Birthday!! You're perfect, even if you are a little dehydrated.

 U.

Lauralee said...

Is today your birthday? Wow, I didn't remember that at all. Hope your day was full of fun and great surprises. Congratulations Old Timer!

Lauralee said...

Can't resist, I just have one more comment that might help you with your water intake. I taught this to my boys and I also do it myself. Here goes:

Never pass a faucet in the house without taking a "gulp" of water. Doesn't have to be a full glass, just a full swallow will do, but do it all day long whenever you pass a water outlet.

For instance, when I walk through the kitchen, I take a little drink, etc. I sometimes even leave a glass (or bottle) of water on the counter and just grab a little drink as I pass by. It sure beats trying to gag down a full glass all at once several times a day. Give it a try.

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!