4.05.2010

The Streaker



Okay, I admit it - I'm a streaker...

Just not the kind you are thinking of.

I go in streaks (or spurts if you want another word for it) - for example,

I recently listened to a lecture on good carbs vs. bad carbs; I also heard a person talking about the importance of getting the daily dose of veggies/fruits. (But, don't eat many fruits as they are all loaded with excess sugar! I mean, I can't even enjoy an orange because it's too sweet...a banana has too little fiber, etc. with the fruit.)

So, here's where the streaking part comes in - I hear that stuff and I try to do it....for a few days.

But, maintaining it is an entirely different story. I rushed right out, bought all kinds of veggies, ate them, realized I was starving, and went back to my old ways.

I mean, truly, how can an Idaho - born and bred - girl give up potatoes that are:

mashed
fried
deep fried
twice baked -my personal favorite if mom made them
scalloped
baked
roasted
creamed w peas
in potato salad
steamed
riced?

And, so that is why I am a streaker. I just keep going in spurts when it comes to eating right/healthy. I mean, I'm supposed to replace potatoes with quinoa, millet, lentils?

Here's to all of us streakers in the world.

And, long live the bad carbs!

2 comments:

Lauralee said...

You forgot Baked Potato Skins, which is what I had for dinner last night. I do love me some taters!

Mrs. Olsen said...

You're funny. Hey, read this book: In Defense of Food by Michael Pollen. I am reading it now and it has sweeping perspective and wonderful common sense. I really think you would enjoy it.

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!