1.02.2014

Judge Not


She was sitting in the front row in the RS room.  She was new; I had never seen her before.

Tall, blonde, very high heels, nails done.

And, I made a snap judgement; I knew all about her kind; rich, high maintenance; oh, yes, I knew the type.  And, I also knew that we would never be friends....

Closing prayer.

And tall, blonde immediately goes over to Sylvia in the wheel chair, bends over and says in a soft, caring voice,

"Hello, I'm A.  I'm going to be in your ward.  I'm excited to meet you!"

She had noticed someone that lots of people didn't ever speak to...she had connected instantly with a person who was often easy for some to ignore.

Instantly, I felt like a JERK/DWEEB/BIG JERK/ 

And, I realized that, ONCE AGAIN, I had judged so W.R.O.N.G. and so very harshly.

As it turns out, I could not have been more wrong.

A is probably - hands down - one of the very NICEST persons I have ever met.  She's thoughtful, kind, loving, generous, happy, good to the core, NOT high-maintenance, and absolutely adores her husband - a 2nd marriage for both.  She has a sense of goodness that few people have - she is naive, child-like and so very thoughtful.

She is my neighbor and yes....we are friends.  

Truthfully, I ADORE A!

And, it makes me wonder - again....

WHEN will I quit judging?????????

Okay, this will be the year.

NO MORE JUDGING!


No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!