1.22.2014

Of Money and Giving

"I wish I had a way to make more money," I mentioned to J one day.

"Why do you need more money?" he wondered.  "Don't you have enough for what you want to do?"

And, the answer is quite simply.

I do have enough.

We have a small, but adequate income.

But, I want more.

However, I didn't feel comfortable really answering his question.

Here's why:

I didn't want it to sound like I'm a do-gooder or a braggart.

But, I want to be able to help people.

In subtle, quiet, anonymous ways.  And, sometimes, in big ways that really make a difference.

Example; a young friend on Facebook just found out her husband - in his early 30's - has a very rare, but not treatable form of cancer.  He has three small children.  An account has been set up to help them with the overwhelming expenses of this horrific disease.

I made a small contribution; hardly noticeable in the grand scheme of the bills they are facing.

But, truthfully, I would LOVE to donate A LOT to that cause - or to others...

And, interestingly enough; it's actually rather selfish because it's SO FUN -

I like to give anonymously also.  That really makes me happy.  And, that is why it is selfish....it's a kick.

Most of the time, I don't see the reaction of the people I give to, but that's okay.  It's really just a FUN thing.

And, that is why I would like to earn more money.

And, to go eat out more often..hee hee.....




No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!