1.28.2014

Little Dorrit and My Mother


I just rewatched the BBC production of Little Dorrit by one of my favorite authors; Charles Dickens; I absolutely loved it - again.

Previously, I had watched it when we were in China,  about 3 or 4 years ago.  So, I had forgotten a large portion of the story.

The character of Amy Dorrit is so good, pure, kind, thoughtful, sweet, nice, generous, a peacemaker, gentle; and I just loved her.

Today, while working on some family history, I realized why I adored her so much.

MY MOTHER is Amy Dorrit; good, pure, kind, thoughtful, sweet, nice, generous, a peacemaker, gentle...

Holy COW, no wonder I like the story so much!!!!!  My mother's story is nothing like Amy Dorrit's, BUT my mother is the same type of person; good to the core and so attentive and loving to her father and mother.

Strange - I never thought of how similar they were before, but now I totally see it; they are two wonderful women.

One is fiction; one is real.

And, I'm so blessed to have known and loved the ReAL one!

No comments:

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.