11.01.2012

Halloween Happenings

Every year they make me smile...

Clever, horrid, creative, fun, funky, unique costumes come parading at our door.

But, my favorite Halloween story happened last night.

Pat was talking to me on my front entryway.  She introduced me to her granddaughter and said her grandson was around here somewhere.

Just then her grandson came up carrying a DOG.

"Look what a lady gave me!" the grandson shrieked.  "She said she just couldn't handle it any more, so she gave it to me!  Please can I keep it?"

Halloween has now taken on a new meaning...kids are now the new animal shelters...because what child could ever refuse a pet?????  The cat or dog would fit perfectly in the big huge pillow cases the kids carry and there's sort of a holiday feeling in the air, so why not give away a dog??????

I'm still smiling.

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!