11.25.2012

Thankful Every Day 25

I am thankful for Sabbath Days.

I enjoy meeting the Saints in church and hearing the music, the lessons, the talks.

It's so amazing how the church is the same world wide; it's always like coming home.

I have met in:
hotel rooms,
private homes,
cruise ship meeting room,
also... churches of varying sizes.

Meeting Room in Guangzhou, China: it was a suite of hotel rooms..after church the members love to hang around and visit; there are so few members in the city of 11 million, that they love to be together.  One girl took a three hour bus ride each Sunday to meet with the Saints.

and they each had the Spirit of the Lord present.

I have gone to church in:
Jerusalem,
Russia,
China,
Harlem,
Whistler, Canada,
Palmyra, New York,
Wales,
England,

and lots of places in between.

This picture was taken in the front room of the Dounald Thomas home, where we met for church for two months.  It was good; there wasn't a nail-biting ride hour-long ride to the hotel; it was just across the lobby and up one floor from where we lived!

I have loved them all.  I have met marvelous people in each congregation.

One of the most remarkable and marvelous families I have ever met; the Chows. Very often, she would bring us something from Hong Kong, where she worked: fresh strawberries, a pie, etc.  Her boys bore their testimonies each Fast Sunday...they were just good to the core.


I have truly been blessed.  I love the Saints and the Sabbath.

No comments:

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!