11.11.2012

Thankful Every Day 11

First of all, let me say that I HATE war!

It destroys lives, families, cities, homes, and so much more.

Having said, that however, I am eternally grateful for the young men and women who serve in our military, including our son, Lt. Commander, Dr. Jeremy Hackworth



He's had his turn in Afghanistan as have so many others.

The loss of a life of any soldier is tragic.  The wounding of any soldier is tragic.  Theirs and their familiy's lives are forever changed in ways we cannot imagine.

Today, I give honor to all who serve and have served.  Thank you so much; it is not an easy choice you have made.  But, it is an honorable one.

Here are Google's and Bing's tribute to VETERAN"S DAY.




Thank you again all, for your great service and sacrifices over many many years of America's history.

I am thankful.

3 comments:

Ms. Fish said...

Perfectly said! I echo my thanks. And so proud especially of my brother.

Lauralee said...

And to my Navy son Lt. Commander Robert L. O. Olson attached to the SeaBees in Port Hueneme, CA. What lucky Moms we are to have such valiant sons.

LGH said...

Hi Lauralee, yes, I give honor to your son also. Hey, it sounds like they are the same rank...interesting.

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!