1.14.2010

10,000....



steps-a-day.

For good health, balance, lifestyle, etc.

1,000 steps is approximately 1/2 mile.

So, all you math people out there, you've already figured that means ten thousand steps is approx. five miles. (Only five miles?????)

And, walking at a moderate pace, the ten thousand steps burn about 500 calories (500 calories????? Tell me that is a joke!)

The most steps I've ever walked in a day was in Washington, DC with Dave and Deon Ballard. They wouldn't stop; they were determined to see everything there was to see, and RAH and I tagged along. Boy, were my feet tired that night because on that day we walked over seventeen thousand steps. For good health, I should hang out with them more often!





But, MOST days, I don't come near to ten thousand steps.

I'd like to. I'll keep trying.

But, that's a lot of stepping!

3 comments:

Lauralee said...

Last year Kathy convinced me to become a Mall Walker and I did well for the first month only. Twice around the mall was one mile and by the end I thought about giving up my will to live. I got that notion out of my head quickly.

Once the weather turns nice again and the rain stops and I win the lottery I might try again to make it to 10,000 steps a day.

Janessa said...

You're a step ahead of me! You count them!

Nat said...

I think the calories burned/steps taken ratio thing is a joke too! When I am on my treadmill, and it tells me how many calories I have burned, I sometimes just want to give up. But we just have to keep going!

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.