1.21.2010

Reagan vs Obama


"Loni," my aunt asked out of the blue as we sat talking in her living room at Sun River, where she is spending a few weeks.


"Did you know that when Reagan was president, we had both Johnny Cash and Bob Hope."


"Okay," I said, wondering where this was headed.


"Yes," she started laughing. "And, now we have Obama, but we have no HOPE and no CASH!"


I laughed - not just at the punchline, but at my 85-year-old aunt telling great funny jokes.


She's got it; humor and truth.

2 comments:

Lauralee said...

Sufficeth to say your Aunt looks like a wonderful person, hale, healthy and with a great sense of humor! But, don't get me started on a political debate. That's strictly off limits.

Carolyn said...

Just wanted to also let you know that in the Brighton family reunion 1938 picture some of the last names are misspelled. Some of the Stoven's came out as Stovan, like my mom's! Where did you get those pictures?
I printed a copy and sent it to my mom and she knows the unkown people in that picture. When I go out to Utah 2/16 I will get the names for you.

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!