1.26.2010

It's a Puzzle

"I'm just so totally bored!" the young adult said.

I hope my jaw didn't drop as far as I felt it was doing.

I can't really remember the last time I was totally bored. (It would have been years ago while waiting in the car without a Sudoku/crossword/cellphone-with-internet/book of mormon/or book of any sort)

There's just so many:

Books to read
People to visit
Pictures to sort and take care of
Letters to write
Files to go through
Scriptures to understand
Birthday cards to get in the mail

Honestly, how could anyone be BORED?

It's a puzzle.

3 comments:

Lauralee said...

That YA needs a good thump on the head! It is impossible to be bored if they are selfless. How about volunteering, helping a neighbor, or their parents, or doing something artistic, sharing time with shut-ins, or just about anything that would take them away from their dreary indulgent selves. I could go on for an hour! (Sorry I couldn't stop! It drives me so nuts.)

BTW, my 66th birthday is Feb. 17th!

Ms. Fish said...

Don't want to be negative toward this particular kid but this is my motto: only boring people get bored.

Martha said...

My Mom said this quite often when we were kids, & I copied her example...

"Intelligent People Are NEVER Bored!!!!!" & related your list

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!