1.31.2010

Do You Know Anyone in Utah County?

RAH was asked that question today between classes at church..

"Hmm," RAH responded. "No, I don't think I do...oh, yeah, I do," remembering our son Justin lived in Utah County. (We never say he lives in Utah County - it's Provo to us, so it caught RAH off guard.)

"Are you related to a Justin Hackworth?"

"That's our son."

"Well, I'm an amateur photographer. I follow some photographers' blogs. Justin is one of my top five that I follow. I really like his work. In fact, I wanted him to do a photo shoot down here, but he couldn't do it. I really like and admire his work."

Gotta love those kinds of conversations in the church!

You can see his work here and/or here.

4 comments:

Ms. Fish said...

That must have made you sooo proud!!

Mrs. Olsen said...

very cool!

Lauralee said...

Something similar happened to me about 20 years ago. I moved into an apartment complex in Orem, Utah. As I was getting to know my neighbors, one said to me. "You have such a distinctive way of speaking and forming your words. There is a lady in Logan, Utah who talks just like you. She owns the bookstore there." Yep, it was my Mother. And had she met my sister, she would have said the same thing. We are all cute from the same cloth!

Lauralee said...

Oops, I meant "cut from the same cloth" although we are all CUTE too!

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!