2.08.2010

Birth Order Conundrum




Let me just say right out: I believe in birth order - generally speaking.

I have 4 oldest grandchildren....3 of them have the characteristics of typical first children;

follow the rules, feel responsible over younger siblings (even if it is to beat them up occasionally), in general do what adults ask them to.



2nd children tend to not follow the rules as much, be more independent, rebellious.

How does this happen? Why does this happen? Is it true in all cultures? (Ha! That's funny because in lots of cultures, they only have one child, so who would know about birth order in those societies?!)

Last night, J said about his 2 boys; "They are just SO very different, could it be birth order?"

Who knows? We just all come so different with different personalities; it's hard to tell what causes this difference.

But, I believe that birth order does account for some of it.
So, how about you...what do you think?!?!












4 comments:

Mrs. Olsen said...

My husband is a first born and I think the list fits him pretty well. Your firstborn seems to fit the list as well don't you think?

Lauralee said...

I'm a first born. Have never been the president or an astronaut, but I have had my own business on several occasions. However, I have never been one to follow the rules!

Nat said...

Deloris let me borrow her birth order book several years ago. I was fascinated by it. It definitely fits for the most part in my family as well.

kelli said...

My twin and I are the first born. We both work in the medical field, and I think we can both be a bit of perfectionist.

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.