2.09.2010

The Kid with the Musical Ears

"Hey," Martha said as we sat around in her living room. We were all being entertained by Jeremy as he swayed and stamped to the music at age 18 months. "Did you know that Jeremy has musical ears."
(She had taken one of those classes where you read people's faces and can tell about their personalities.)


She got that right...he does indeed, have musical ears.

I just came across a letter I wrote to my parents when Jeremy was in junior high -
I was quoting the band teacher who said, "In all my years of teaching, I've never had
a saxophone player who was as natural as Jeremy."


Ah, he's musical and cute too!
"Hello myself," I heard him talking on the phone one day....then, "How are you myself?"
One day, as I heard Jeremy mowing the back lawn, I looked outside the upstairs window,
and he had mowed,
"I Love Mom"
in the lawn.
Where's the camera when you need it?


When he was in the 7th grade, he and Jim Taylor leaned across the aisle and whispered to each other,

"When we grow up, let's be doctors."
Today- both of them are doctors.


Jeremy is a Navy Doctor/Anesthesiologist
currently serving at an Army base in Farah, Afghanistan


So, today, Happy, happy Birthday.

We are, indeed, proud of you!

And, thanks for this service to our country, dear son, Jeremy!

6 comments:

rhonda said...

i like how u love ur kids ;)

Nat said...

If my son would mow that in my lawn, it would certainly melt me into a puddle of mush. Brilliant! What a great son. I love the pictures. And I am so grateful for his selfless service to our country.

Mrs. Olsen said...

No kidding! Half of Jeremy's facebook updates are musical lyrics. I always said I knew the latest and greatest in music when I hung out with the Hackworth's. Happy B-day Jeremy! Be safe in Afghanistan so you can come back and mow your mom's lawn again.

Ms. Fish said...

I love Jeremy so so much. Great, great posting!!!

Janessa said...

That is so great that he mowed that in to the lawn! My mom says she rememberes that! I am excited for him to come home so we can play and listen to him ding and play the guitar!

Lauralee said...

Wowee, another Aquarian! I know Jeremy and I would get on swell. I wonder if our two sons could ever meet up in Afghanistan, both being in the Navy and all. Could it be possible? HB Jeremy, hope you have a bit of fun on your special day.

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!