1.14.2013

A Surprise Around Every Corner

HE had a great German accent that was fun to listen to.

He had previously worked for the US State Department, but now, he needed a job; in his 50s, sharp looking, pleasant, fantastic resume, BUT he is a convicted felon.  He said, "I made a very very STUPID decision when I was drinking that night."

So, his prospects are limited.  Oh, it's going to be a challenge for him.

SHE has been looking for a job for several years.  She has a very definite skill; she is an RN.

But, this town is full of them...she told me that the three near-by colleges each graduate 80 nurses a year, and most of them want to stick around after graduation, so she can't get a job.

The lady wanted to fill out a resume online.  She had some place to be.  But, she started.  About an hour and a half later, she was still sitting at the computer filling out the form.  The questions were ridiculous and proved nothing of value to a future employer.  The questions startled and amazed me...truly, they all seemed rather inane and truthfully, rather unfair.

So, I was surprised:
that HE was a felon,
that SHE couldn't get a job as an RN
that THE ONLINE APPLICATION was so ridiculous.

And, once again, I came home so very grateful for Allen's job, my job, my children's jobs.

Thank you Heavenly Father.



No comments:

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!