1.15.2013

The Class or Vanity is Vain!

"Hmmm," I pondered staring in my closet..."should I wear my awesome long skirt with the cool corduroy jacket?  No," I thought to myself, "It's such a great outfit...I'll wear it next Tuesday when I teach the career workshop class.  I'll just wear this red top I bought in China; it's not that cool, but it doesn't matter...no one really sees me or cares, and it'll keep me warm enough."

8:30 a.m.

"Okay, who's teaching today?" someone asked.

"It's Brother Anderson," I said.  "He's today and I'm next week."

"He's very ill...he called yesterday and he sounded terrible!  I don't think he will be coming in.  Looks like you're on!"

"But," to myself I stammered, "I'm NOT DRESSED FOR IT!"

Ah, vanity...where do you come from?

Where do you sneak into our lives??!?!?!?!?!?!?

And, truthfully, who cares anyway...really?!?!??!

Obviously, vainly, I did and do....so sad.


No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!