1.12.2013

The Problem is Purses

When Carisa posted on Facebook that her new year's goal was to downsize in purses, I have to tell you that I burst out laughing -  loud.

For you see, I understand the
P.U.R.S.E.   D.I.L.E.M.M.A.


It is actually well known to most women...

Should I carry a BIG purse that will hold: my make-up, my Kindle, my wallet, my yogurt, a banana, bus schedule, brush, mirror, nuts, gum, candy bar, breath mints, tissue, hand sanitizer, notebook, pens, pencils, scissors, flashlight, nail clippers, band-aids, phone, phone charger, IPad, family photos, camera, mini laptop, MACE, sunglasses, reading glasses, car and house keys, and a few other miscellaneous items?


Or should I opt for absolutely SMALL with room for only the bare minimum: credit card, driver's license, mini notebook, mini pen, and if squeezed tightly, one crumpled tissue, and a small flip phone?


But, there is a third option...the IN BETWEEN size...
it will hold slightly more than the mini, but not nearly as much as the large...


It is a very serious dilemma...

To the non-pursey person, they would say simply: why don't you just use the one you need for a certain occasion?

Oh, that is easy for the non-pursey person to say, but it's simply not as simple as that...oh no.

For you see, it takes a great deal of time and thought to decide exactly what should be discarded and included when downsizing from the large to anything smaller?  It can be gut-wrenching to have all the contents spilled out on the bed awaiting a firm decision...

I mean, how can I possibly get along without many of the necessities from the large bag, if I am going to downsize to the teeny bag on the right?  Sometimes, it is quite overwhelming.

This is a dilemma that has plagued women for many years...it will probably continue on into the next century.  Granted, it is not as important, say, as choosing what to have for dinner, but it can give a woman some serious reflection time.

And, that is why, even though I was laughing at Carisa's post, I understand it and sympathize completely!






1 comment:

Ms. Fish said...

haha!
that was quite a list for your big purse. That is a good list and would be very helpful to a lot of women who are contemplating a bigger purse.

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.