1.03.2013

Pictures of the Day

This road of 99 hairpin curves is taken to get to the stairway below.  It is a true white-knuckle ride.  The bus drivers are fearless, but some of the passengers (MOI) are not!  I was holding on the entire time.  And, the problem is that once you get to the top, you realize there is only ONE way down!  Ah, adventure!


This is sometimes called the Highway to Heaven...there are 1000 steps to climb up to the top.  It's exhausting, but exhilirating.  One year, some planes flew through opening, which is much larger than it appears.
This is in an area where AVATAR, the movie was filmed.

These, along with other spectacular photos of highways/roads/lanes, came in an email today.

When I saw them, I realized I had been to these two spectacular places.

Travel...nothing like it.



No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!