3.23.2013

Janet and the Phone Call

I love to visit with Janet...she is so inspiring to me.

A few months ago, she had surgery on a large growth on her neck.  She had a ginormous scar with many stitches.  So, I've taken a couple of meals, visited her a few times, and called her yesterday.

She is still weak, but recovering.

BUT, she is still pure gold and thinking of others.  She invited her husband's children to a birthday celebration.  Her husband has dementia and it is getting much worse, but she wanted them to be a part of his birthday celebration, so she went shopping at Costco to buy food for the party.  It was a challenge for her to push the large cart by herself, but she did it, in preparation for the surprise birthday party for her husband.  She was excited.

"Janet," I said, "You are so thoughtful and good."

Then she said something that just thrilled me to the tip of my toes;

it's a powerful mantra:

"IT'S FUN TO BE MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY!"

What a true statement.  Making others happy certainly doesn't lessen our own happiness; it multiplies it.

Oh, Janet, you inspire me.  And, I always love talking with you!

Thank you for being my friend.

1 comment:

Lauralee said...

Out of curiosity, did she have a tumor on the parotid gland in her neck? I wonder, as I had the same thing back in 2006. Mine was the size of a golf ball and happily was benign. Hope she heals nicely and considers it a memory real soon. Sounds like she has a wonderful attitude about life and love!

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!