3.29.2013

The Clothesline


I was on the walking path behind the new home.

The big home.

The doctor's home.

Over the top of the high fence, I could see just the very tops of colorful items hanging.

"Oh my heck," I thought.  "That is just so awesome.  No one hangs their clothes out anymore."

Then, my mind conjured up the years I hung clothes out in most kinds of weather.  I remembered the crispness, the incredible feel of the sheets as we would climb into bed after they hung on the line in cold weather.  Ah, those by-gone days.

By this time, I was very close to their home and could see through the gate into their back yard.  I started laughing.

Those were NOT clothes lines, those were some kind of lines where colorful towels and swimming suits were hanging to dry after an afternoon swim in their huge pool.

I was right after all.....

No one hangs out clothes any more...just swim suits.

And, I'm still smiling!

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!