3.25.2013

Random Thoughts on Mission Monday

It just always amazes me what some people wear for a job interview; come on, people, it's not like you are going to the park to throw water balloons.  A little dressing up is required!  (Just a note, Doug's son went for an interview in shirt and tie; they hired him on the spot because he just looked sharp!)

I am still blown away by the people who tell me they are on probation or "Have a past!"...translation - felony on their record.  They can not escape it.  It is ALWAYS there to haunt them.  HOW do we get kids/people to NOT DO STUPID THINGS?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

The nicest man on the planet has some of the biggest heartaches on the planet; he is good, pure and loves the Gospel.  He has adopted five children and had one of his own.  His birth child is strong in the Gospel and just a good person; his other five have caused him heartache beyond belief:

1 is in jail for armed robbery...when he gets out of jail, he is homeless and only contacts Doug when he needs something.  He has threatened their lives.

2. ran away from home with a man and lived in an abusive relationship for many years.  Is trying to get her life back together.

3.  is an air traffic controller in Maryland; has a stable life, but calls when she needs money.

4.  has emotional/social issues...probably will always need to live with the parents.

5.  has HIV, as well as his partner.  Will probably need Doug and wife to care for him as he becomes more and more ill.

Guy on the phone said he is planning to invest and reopen an old, run-down hotel and restaurant.  I wanted to say, ARE YOU CRAZY!?!??!?!??!?!??!?!?  But, I refrained myself.  What are people thinking?!?!?!?  There are a bazillion restaurants in this town...some go out of business every week.  This one is a dead horse.....what a waste of energy and money.  (I'll check back on this post in a year to see if I am not spot on.)

I always love coming home to our lovely home....clean (sort of), inviting, cheery, pleasant.  And, it makes me grateful for Mission Mondays.






No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!