3.20.2013

Wanting VS Needing

She was attractive and very classy.

She was about 65 or so.

And, she WANTED a job; not needed, but wanted.

She is bored.  Her husband is still working, so she wants something to do while he is away.  I don't blame her; we all need to feel productive.

BUT, her situation is so different from most of the people we see at the LDS Employment Center.  Most of the people who walk through those doors NEED a job - desperately!

I wish her well.

But, my concern is really for the 95% who are desperate; like the guy who is losing his home this week because of a divorce and job loss.  Or the man who has six kids and has already lost his home and is living in a three bedroom home with his mother, his sister, and his family of 8.  Now, that is someone I see as a higher priority.

I wish, as always, there were jobs for anyone who wants one.

A JOB is a great blessing.

1 comment:

Lauralee said...

Why doesn't she volunteer instead of working? Gives her something to do and she can make her own hours. Seems like an easy choice to me.

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!