10.29.2013

Let There Be LIGHT

China...

I loved to go shopping at the NIGHT market...which implies NIGHT and dark.

However, walking home after dark across the unlighted campus was unnerving for me.

Oh, not because I feared for my safety like I would in America.

No, it's because the sidewalks were filled with uneven chunks and blobs of concrete and pieces of steel sticking up through the concrete.  

It was dangerous to walk in the light and even more so in the night because the streets and walkways were not lighted at all.

St George, Utah....

I think of those night-time walks in China every time I go to the temple in the early morning hours.

The parking lot here is effused with LIGHT....I'm able to see clearly and I don't have to worry about tripping over huge chunks of .....something.

Walking through the LIGHT to get to the temple is a good way to prepare for the light of being inside the temple also.

For me,

I like the LIGHT

of the Gospel

and of the parking lot.


No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!