10.10.2013

Money Matters

When financially conservative Richard drove up in his very fancy brand new, expensive-model car, I was actually somewhat stunned.

He didn't spend money.

He saved, saved, and spent very little.

He rarely bought new clothes, didn't like to waste money eating out, he lived very modestly...

So to see him driving a very expensive NEW car, was a surprise to me.

When I laughingly questioned him why he did it, he said simply,

"My kids are a big disappointment to me.  I don't want to give them MY money.  I'm going to work hard to spend it."

Okay, well, I guess everyone has their views on an inheritance and that was Richard's.

Ah, money....it's an issue.

Always.

No comments:

Birthday Week with the GIRLS! IN Other Words; FUN TIMES in Santa Fe, New Mexico!

  Not in the right order, but whatever the order, it was SO FUN!  Just a great time.