10.11.2013

Living in the Lap (well, really the SEAT) of Luxury

In about 1966, a girl in my neighborhood was dating a rich guy.

He had just bought a new car; a Cadillac.  Among its amazing features; it had heated seats.  Living in cold country, that sounded like the most amazing invention ever, and one I could only dream of.

Over the years, we have had many cars; a few new, mostly used and drivable, but nothing too fancy ever.

Until a year and a half ago, I wanted a new car....I NEEDED a different car.

Our Honda was 10 years old, had a lot of miles and mainly, it was hard to get in and out of.  I wanted one of the new cars that are easy for old people to slide in and out of...a mini SUV.

So, I researched, we tried out lots of cars.

But, NOTHING BRAND NEW, I insisted...that's a big waste of money.

Heated seats - YES; brand new - NO!

We bought a brand new car.....who knows why, but I guess it's because there is nothing like the smell of a brand new car...(which lasts about 2 weeks!)

Eli stands by our year-and-a-half old car.....it's got lots of features, including - oh, yes, heated seats!


But, at long last, we have heated seats - 50 years later from first hearing about that grand invention, I am riding in the seat of luxury!

I was reminded of how awesome heated seats are when I left early this morning to drive to exercise (ha, that's an irony in itself; drive to exercise!); it was cold, so I turned the seat on, and PRESTO...warm body.

Oh, yes, it's a great invention.

And, I'm glad we finally got with the  expensive program!

No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!