10.03.2013

The High Cost of Eating Healthy

one apple - .88

You are kidding, right?

Or how about nuts?  Very expensive.

Avocados are out of sight, as are peppers, or strawberries...blueberries are pure gold.

The plain truth is, it is very expensive to eat right; to eat healthy.

It's not really a wonder that families go buy a bag of burgers at McD's for a few dollars.  Terrible for you, but readily available and very cheap.  Quick, easy, and inexpensive - especially if you don't add soda to the mix.

I try to eat healthy.

I try to buy fruits and veggies.

I like the idea of eating fresh; not canned or frozen.

But, in all honesty, it sends my food budget soaring.

I guess it's worth the trade-off, however.

Sickness v health.

So, I'll just keep buying those avocados and peppers....

Smoothie, anyone?


No comments:

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!