12.04.2013

Why I Like....

Rachel learned her baby was a girl; I could take her a loaf of bread after the birth.

Angela had emergency gall bladder surgery; I could take her a loaf of bread.

Anita is no longer with her spouse; I could avoid saying something really stupid - maybe.

Lauralee and I made contact after many years of not being in touch.

Diana was up all night with her baby; I could take her something just for HER.

Christie got into a highly competitive phd program; I could see her at church and congratulate her.

Mike finally got a job; I could let him know how excited I was for him after many months of searching.

Gardner was thinking of moving to St George; I would have a nephew nearby to babysit kids and invite over often.

Bonnie has cancer; her link is posted on Facebook and I can keep up with her prognosis.

I see pictures of former friends, new babies, neighborhood events, my own family.

I read news that I would not ever know about.

So, yes, perhaps it can be a time waster.

BUT, it can also be a marvelous TOOL to stay connected to people I love, admire, like, respect, and wish to know about.

And, that is why I'm glad there is FACEBOOK.

No comments:

Grandkids...How I LOVE Them!

 Lola Halsey - one year old birthday!