6.12.2013

Nothing Is Worth Giving Up on Family!

Floyd is such a good good person.  He's 95 and he comes twice a week to help at the LDS Employment Center.

He was the head of the cosmetology commission of Nevada; owned apartments, was a barber and earned quite a bit of money in his lifetime.

He is headed to Hawaii in a few weeks and he's excited.

I think he is pure gold.

He has 4 children; 2 boys, 2 girls.  But, one of his daughters has disowned him.  She got very angry at him over something stupid and wanted nothing to do with him.

However, he recently gave his children their inheritance money as he didn't want them to fight over it after he died.  Even though she has had nothing to do with her father for years, he gave her her share of the money.  Floyd told me she did write and thank him.

And, I wonder, what would make a person give up on her father?  He didn't beat her, he didn't abandon her.

Of course, I only know his side of the story, but it made me sad for Floyd.  And, I realized that he was the good person in this scenario because he could have withheld his money, but he chose the higher ground.....he was fair even though she has hurt him tremendously.

When all is said and done; what we have left is family.

And, in my opine, we should work hard to maintain those ties........

1 comment:

Lauralee said...

It's not what they do, it's what we do. Good for Floyd!

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!