6.07.2013

Polar Opposite

JEWELRY

M loves bright colors, new clothes, and lots and lots of jewelry.  She doesn't mind cheap jewelry.  She likes to get new, fashionable items, so buys inexpensive, thus allowing her to always have the latest kind.  And, she buys a lot

S, on the other hand, doesn't have a lot of jewelry, but what she has is expensive and classy.  She likes yellow gold and diamonds.  She showed me a piece of jewelry yesterday that cost $650 just for the chain alone.  On the chain was a very stunning pink gold dolphin with little real diamonds.

They each have a style and I say hooray for their individual styles.

POSSESSIONS

D's home is filled with items; she is always buying things to decorate and change up her home.  Every space is filled - tastefully - with items she has bought or collected or gathered.  Her home is extremely neat and tidy, so it doesn't give the appearance of clutter, but it is filled with "stuff."

L told me recently that she doesn't need anything, doesn't buy anything, and is working hard to downsize her entire lifestyle.  She wants to eliminate things; clothes, books, knick knacks, etc.  Her goal is to streamline her life.

In each of these cases, the women are polar opposites; neither one is right or wrong.  And, each has found their niche and what they are comfortable with.

I like the idea of being just who you are.




1 comment:

Lauralee said...

Me too! I love being surrounded with things I love, whether they appeal to anyone else is of no matter to me. Everyone is invited to enjoy my lifestyle and I look forward to enjoying theirs. No apologies for taste!

OH, Those Wonderful Grandkids....

 How I LOVE THEM!